noun (plural same or koftas)
- (In Middle Eastern and Indian cookery) a savoury ball made with minced meat, paneer, or vegetables.More example sentences
- To make the kofta roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a fry pan on the stove and then grind in a mortar and pestle.
- I discovered koftas, those wonderful little meatballs swimming in curry sauce.
- We tried vegetable and lamb koftas and were not disappointed.
from Urdu and Persian koftah 'pounded meat'.
More definitions of koftaDefinition of kofta in:
- The US English dictionary