noun[mass noun] Theology
- Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.More example sentences
- It is important in our time creatively to unfold the essential aim of the church, understood as koinonia.
- It's a kind of high doctrine of humanity that is the foundation of the notion of koinonia and belonging together.
- Those who are in koinonia are in fellowship with Christ, the Spirit, one another, and with the work and suffering of the gospel.
early 20th century: from Greek koinōnia 'fellowship'.
More definitions of koinoniaDefinition of koinonia in:
- The US English dictionary