An Indic language that is the main language of Goa and adjacent parts of Maharashtra, with about 5 million speakers. Also called Goan.
- It is a pleasant amalgam of Persian, Arabic, Marathi, and Hindustani with Konkani as its base.
- He had steeled himself for a conversation in English and was delighted when I broke into Portuguese and Konkani.
- When we tell them why, they nod good-naturedly and talk to the rest, and laugh gently at Katherine's weak attempts at Konkani.
Relating to Konkani.
- Would one coin a decipherable Konkani equivalent for a medical term as simple as sinusitis?
- The first Konkani book to be translated into English, The Upheaval deals with the collapse of an agrarian society that lived by myths and unspoken rules.
- He has translated a few Konkani works into Malayalam.
Definition of Konkani in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.