(also copeck or kopeck)
- A monetary unit of Russia and some other countries of the former Soviet Union, equal to one hundredth of a rouble.More example sentences
- The average monthly salary was 6 roubles and 88 kopeks.
- He received a refund of 29 rubles and 84 kopeks, 16 kopeks short of the amount sent three months earlier.
- In fact, until quite recently, front-row seats at the Bolshoi were only 3 rubles 50 kopecks.
from Russian kopeĭka, diminutive of kopʹë 'lance' (from the figure on the coin (1535) of Tsar Ivan IV, bearing a lance instead of a sword).
More definitions of kopekDefinition of kopek in:
- The US English dictionary