Relating to North or South Korea or its people or language.
- Pierce came home to North America determined to find sponsors for Korean orphans.
- It was headed north toward the Korean Straits between Kyushu and the Korean peninsula.
- Most Korean parents want their children to retain their Korean language and heritage.
1A native or inhabitant of North or South Korea, or a person of Korean descent.
- There are a lot of Chinese women here who are not ethnic Koreans, and their life is much harder.
- The Koreans and the Turks are still way up there, though so are the Czechs and the Slovaks.
- In doing this, he renewed an issue many Koreans and Chinese feel very strongly about.
2 [mass noun] The language of Korea, which has roughly 68 million speakers worldwide. It has its own writing system, and is now generally regarded as distantly related to Japanese.
- The book has been translated into English, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Greek.
- I wonder whether Mr John Davy can speak Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, on top of his other skills?
- Later these were translated into Tibetan, Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese and so forth.
Words that rhyme with Koreanantipodean, Crimean, Judaean
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Ko¦rean
Definition of Korean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.