- A small crested bustard, which is typically boldly marked and has penetrating repetitive calls.
More example sentences
- Genus Eupodotis, family Otididae: several species
- Carmine bee-eaters perch on the back of kori bustards and red-crested korhaans plummet from the sky in daring aerobatic mating displays.
- While birds such as the korhaans and bustards inhabit the open grassland, other species reside in the adjacent woodlands.
- Etosha's grasslands are home to doublebanded plovers and black korhaans.
mid 18th century: Afrikaans, from the imitative base kor-, knor- (compare with Dutch korren 'coo') + haan 'cock'.