- A very rare grey ox found in the forests of SE Asia.
More example sentences
- Bos sauveli, family Bovidae
- Nevertheless, the kouprey is shy and more difficult to kill than either gaur or banteng.
- The animal was expected to be similar to other wild cattle found in the same area, including the gaur and the kouprey, or gray ox.
- Weighing in at about 220 pounds, the saola is the largest land-dwelling mammal introduced to science since the kouprey, or gray ox, was described in 1937.
1940s: from Khmer.