A highly venomous Asian snake of the cobra family.
- Genus Bungarus, family Elapidae: several species, including the black and yellow banded krait (B. fasciatus). See also sea krait
More example sentences
- According to a study conducted by SPCA in the area, there are kraits, cobras and vipers in the area.
- Snakes are common in Cuc Phuong; some, such as the banded krait, are deadly poisonous.
- In northern Kerala it was mainly the bite of the Russell's viper and down here in Tamil Nadu, it is a mixture of the cobra and the krait.
late 19th century: from Hindi karait.
Definition of krait in:
- The US English dictionary