Definition of krona in English:
1 (plural kronor pronounced same) The basic monetary unit of Sweden, equal to 100 öre.
- Svanberg's comments were taken as a threat to move production out of Sweden should the krona be maintained.
- He was also ordered to pay 150,000 kronor in damages to Lindh's family.
- If Sweden does vote yes, the krona will likely be history by 2006.
2 (plural kronur pronounced same) The basic monetary unit of Iceland, equal to 100 aurar.
[from Icelandic króna, 'crown']
- Only a few weeks ago in Iceland, concerns over economic confidence were reflected by falls in both the Icelandic kronur and its stock market.
- The Iceland krona rose 2.3%, recovering some of its recent steep decline.
- The Canadian dollar, Danish krone and Iceland krona have gained about 3%.
Definition of krona in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India