- 1 (plural kronor pronunc. same) The basic monetary unit of Sweden, equal to 100 öre.[Swedish, 'crown']More example sentences
- Svanberg's comments were taken as a threat to move production out of Sweden should the krona be maintained.
- He was also ordered to pay 150,000 kronor in damages to Lindh's family.
- If Sweden does vote yes, the krona will likely be history by 2006.
- 2 (plural kronur pronunc. same) The basic monetary unit of Iceland, equal to 100 aurar.[from Icelandic króna, 'crown']More example sentences
- Only a few weeks ago in Iceland, concerns over economic confidence were reflected by falls in both the Icelandic kronur and its stock market.
- The Iceland krona rose 2.3%, recovering some of its recent steep decline.
- The Canadian dollar, Danish krone and Iceland krona have gained about 3%.
More definitions of kronaDefinition of krona in:
- The US English dictionary