noun (plural same or kudus)
An African antelope that has a greyish or brownish coat with white vertical stripes, and a short bushy tail. The male has long spirally curved horns.
- Genus Tragelaphus, family Bovidae: two species
More example sentences
- Afterwards, I sit on my terrace and watch what may be kudus, springboks or oryxes amble to the water hole.
- Other animals, such as waterbucks, kudus, warthogs, and baboons, drank from the same troughs.
- In some areas buffalo, kudu and common duikers are a bother.
late 18th century: from Afrikaans koedoe, from Xhosa i-qudu.
More definitions of kuduDefinition of kudu in:
- The US English dictionary