- A lilac-coloured gem variety of spodumene which fluoresces or changes colour when irradiated.More example sentences
- I visited Paolo Nercessian and obtained a photograph of him holding up an enormous etched gem crystal of kunzite, the spodumene variety that was then being found in quantity for the first time.
- They are often associated with large crystals of kunzite, the lilac-colored variety of spodumene.
- It discovered that the colors of several gem minerals - including pearl, sapphire, quartz, kunzite, and topaz - can be changed by the USPS irradiation method.
early 20th century: from the name of George F. Kunz (1856–1932), American gemmologist, + -ite1.
More definitions of kunziteDefinition of kunzite in:
- The US English dictionary