An Australian plant which produces useful tough fibre.
- Several species, in particular a small tree with shiny pointed leaves and boat-shaped leathery seed cases (Brachychiton populneus, family Sterculiaceae)
More example sentences
- In addition, those strange looking boab trees, tall livistona palms, beautiful water lilies, colourful kapok bushes and kurrajong trees are all special sights across this unique landscape.
- The house is protected by a tree lined driveway which features Himalayan cedars, Chinese elms, white cedars, peppercorns, kurrajongs, jacarandas, bunyah trees and an abundance of olives.
- Tall desert oaks grow in the swales between the dunes, and stately desert kurrajongs dot the rolling hills between the ranges.
early 19th century: from Dharuk garrajung 'fibre fishing line'.
Definition of kurrajong in:
- The US English dictionary