verb[no object] North American • informal
- Feel happy and proud: forgive me if I’m kvelling, but this boy will make us proudMore example sentences
- Oy, we're kvelling over here about how many mentions of Jews there are in today's New York Post!
- James kvelled over this and I really enjoyed it.
- Here was the great equalizer: we all kvelled in unison.
1960s: from Yiddish kveln, from Middle High German, literally 'well up'.
More definitions of kvellDefinition of kvell in:
- The US English dictionary