- The basic monetary unit of Zambia and Malawi, equal to 100 ngwee in Zambia and 100 tambala in Malawi.More example sentences
- I had handed the girl four hundred dollars and she gave me thirty eight thousand kwachas.
- Several members of Parliament owe the FRA millions of kwacha in unpaid fertiliser and seed loans.
- In the last decade, the economy has gone downhill, the value of the kwacha has declined, and the rate of inflation is high.
Bemba, 'dawn': previously used as a Zambian nationalist slogan calling for a new ‘dawn’ of freedom, later applied to the currency of the newly independent state.
More definitions of kwachaDefinition of kwacha in:
- The US English dictionary