- A form of malnutrition caused by protein deficiency in the diet, typically affecting young children in the tropics.More example sentences
- One boy of 22 months developed severe kwashiorkor on a diet of rice milk and erratic solids.
- As a result, kwashiorkor, a disease caused by protein deficiency, is common.
- Children are more strongly affected by kwashiorkor than adults because they are still growing and their protein requirements are higher.
1930s: a local word in Ghana.
More definitions of kwashiorkorDefinition of kwashiorkor in:
- The US English dictionary