- 1A numbered grade of the less advanced level of proficiency in judo, karate, and other martial arts.More example sentences
- Yes, we require a certain number of practice hours and a test for promotion to kyu and dan ranks.
- He then informs the Hombu Dojo of the result of kyu testing using this form here.
- We frequently hold study seminars and workshops, at which we also try to conduct much of our kyu and dan ranking.
- 1.1A person who has achieved a kyu.More example sentences
- So I remember these two women when they came to the dojo early on when I was a 4th kyu.
from Japanese kyū 'class'.