noun[mass noun] Mineralogy
The brilliant iridescence exhibited by some specimens of labradorite and other feldspars.
More example sentences
- This labradorescence is truly a one of a kind mineralogical experience and must be observed in person in order to truly appreciate its beauty.
- The blue flash of labradorescence is the reason for the excitement about this very special gemstone.
- The labradorescence is caused by light interference by lattice distortions.
- More example sentences
- It is oriented so the colorful labradorescent effect is at its best when positioned vertically, either end up; then it will show off nicely in your jewelry!
- Perched on his palm is a little slice of labradorescent paradise.
- These areas are of course the smallest, and seem to jump in front of the saw blade when cutting through opaque areas so that the labradorescent area is sliced at a bad angle.