Definition of labradorescence in English:
noun[mass noun] Mineralogy
The brilliant iridescence exhibited by some specimens of labradorite and other feldspars.
- This labradorescence is truly a one of a kind mineralogical experience and must be observed in person in order to truly appreciate its beauty.
- The blue flash of labradorescence is the reason for the excitement about this very special gemstone.
- The labradorescence is caused by light interference by lattice distortions.
- Example sentences
- It is oriented so the colorful labradorescent effect is at its best when positioned vertically, either end up; then it will show off nicely in your jewelry!
- Perched on his palm is a little slice of labradorescent paradise.
- These areas are of course the smallest, and seem to jump in front of the saw blade when cutting through opaque areas so that the labradorescent area is sliced at a bad angle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan