A small European tree which has hanging clusters of yellow flowers followed by slender pods containing poisonous seeds. The hard timber is sometimes used as an ebony substitute.
- Genus Laburnum, family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- In a really well-furnished country garden the laburnums are equal in splendour to any trees that are grown.
- The only thing I have heard about laburnums is that they can seed around like crazy.
- It's something that laburnums suffer from and I fear that once you've got it, it will spread very rapidly through all the other laburnums.
modern Latin, from Latin.
More definitions of laburnumDefinition of laburnum in:
- The US English dictionary