- A mass of igneous rock, typically lens-shaped, that has been intruded between rock strata causing uplift in the shape of a dome.More example sentences
- Nearby Lime Butte, Gypsum Butte, and Green Mountain are all laccoliths with varying degrees of exposure.
- Based on the position of the dikes, where was the source of the magma for the laccoliths located?
- The larger area below the laccolith could cover an area as large as several states.
late 19th century: from Greek lakkos 'reservoir' + -lith.
More definitions of laccolithDefinition of laccolith in:
- The US English dictionary