- A small plant-eating bug that has a raised net-like pattern on the wings and upper surface.
More example sentences
- Family Tingidae, suborder Heteroptera: several genera
- If populations are low, a high-pressure garden hose can be used to wash the lace bugs off the plant.
- At least 17 species of lace bugs cause damage to ornamental trees and shrubs in the United States.
- Routinely check azaleas for lace bugs, and initiate treatments if significant numbers are detected.
More definitions of lace bugDefinition of lace bug in:
- The US English dictionary