- A typical lizard of a large family (Lacertidae) to which most European lizards belong.More example sentences
- Lacertid scalation and body forms are similar to those of the teiids, although lacertids are usually smaller.
- Despite this ecological variation, lacertids do not display an equivalent amount of anatomical variation.
- Differences in data collection make direct comparisons between lacertids, gymnophthalmids, and teiids difficult.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Lacertidae (plural), from Latin lacerta 'lizard'.
More definitions of lacertidDefinition of lacertid in:
- The US English dictionary