- A reptile of the suborder Lacertilia; a lizard.More example sentences
- Among prehistoric lacertilians were the gecko Ardeosaurus and the monitor Megalania.
- Supposed lacertilian tracks have been reported from a single site in the Navajo.
- This page gives you lots of information, with pictures, of the various kinds of lacertilians.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting lacertilians.More example sentences
- Of greatest interest here, however, is the function of the lacertilian mesotarsal joint.
- In this pattern the tarsus of diadectids most closely approximates the lacertilian mesotarsal joint in structure and probable function.
- Therefore, following the convention used by Rewcastle, the immobile, unified lacertilian crus-astragalocalcaneum will be referred to here as simply the crus.
More definitions of lacertilianDefinition of lacertilian in:
- The US English dictionary