(also lacrimal or lacrymal)
Definition of lachrymal in English:
2 (lacrimal) Physiology & Anatomy Concerned with the secretion of tears: lacrimal cells
More example sentences
- From the lacrimal sacs, tears move down through the nasolacrimal duct and drain into the back of the nose.
- A simple and easy-to-perform test assessing the function of the lacrimal glands is the Schirmer's test.
- This will consequently elevate the lacrimal punctum into a more favourable position so that the tear film will drain into it more readily.
nounBack to top
1 (lacrimal or lacrimal bone) Anatomy A small bone forming part of the eye socket.
- The area corresponding to the lacrimals, prefrontals and posterior nasals is difficult to recognise.
- The lacrimal bones are thin bones that form the anterior portion of the medial walls of the individual orbits.
- The lacrimal bone is a small and fragile bone at the inner orbit of the eye through which the lacrimal duct runs.
Words that rhyme with lachrymalanimal • minimal
Definition of lachrymal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.