(also lacrimation or lacrymation)
noun[mass noun] • literary or Medicine
- The flow of tears.More example sentences
- A high body temperature is associated with pyrexia with increased lacrymation and salivation.
- Clinical signs were seen 5 hours after dosing, consisting of salivation, lachrymation, noisy respiration, tremors, unsteadiness, coldness, piloerection and wet urogenital region.
- The selected symptoms were pain, lachrymation, photophobia, exudation, pruritis, vascular dilation, oedema and analysis of macrophotographs of conjunctival capillarograms.
late 16th century: from Latin lacrimatio(n-), from lacrimare 'weep', from lacrima 'tear'.
More definitions of lachrymationDefinition of lachrymation in:
- The US English dictionary