1Milky in appearance.
More example sentences
- When the crystallization has terminated, the autoclave is cooled and a lactescent suspension is discharged.
- In the file sheet 1, a plurality of square recesses 4, which serve as portions for receiving films, are arrayed in a transparent or lactescent planar square plastic sheet 3.
- Just looking at the lactescent SavMart or the uninhabited appearance of Sy's apartment is enough to make you feel hollow inside.
mid 17th century: from Latin lactescent- 'being milky', from the verb lactere, from lac, lact- 'milk'.
- More example sentences
- In fact, patients with severe nephrotic syndrome exhibited lactescence of the serum.
- To produce lactescence it is necessary for fat to be emulsified into chylomicra greater than 0.1 in diameter to be rendered visible.
- It could be observed whether bilirubin, haemoglobin or lactescence of the samples interfere with the measurement procedure.
Definition of lactescent in:
- The US English dictionary