- An instrument for measuring the density of milk.More example sentences
- The quizmaster, however, was least amused as degree coffee got its name after the lactometer used to measure the milk specific gravity (to detect adulteration).
- Always read the temperature of the milk first: the lactometer reading varies according to the temperature.
- Depending upon how much water is added to it lactometer will show lower and lower readings.
More definitions of lactometerDefinition of lactometer in:
- The US English dictionary