- An organic compound containing an ester group —OCO— as part of a ring.More example sentences
- Macrodiols with different thermal characteristics were prepared using ring-opening polymerization of cyclic diesters or lactones with a low molecular weight diol as an initiator.
- The polar head is a macrocyclic lactone ring containing nine amino acid residues, three of which have positive charges, whereas one has negative charge.
- The effects of kava-kava come from the synergistic mechanism of its root's active ingredients, resinous compounds called kava lactones.
More definitions of lactoneDefinition of lactone in:
- The US English dictionary