adjective• technical or • literary
- Relating to or associated with lakes: fluvial and lacustrine deposits the boulders were beautiful in their lacustrine tranquillityMore example sentences
- These units are conformably overlain by fluvial and lacustrine volcaniclastic deposits, tuffs and hyaloclastites.
- These may be of fluviatile, glacial, periglacial, lacustrine, aeolian, or marine origin.
- It has been suggested that fluvial and lacustrine source rocks were locally deposited in grabens created along the transtensional edges of these rotating microcontinental blocks.
early 19th century: from Latin lacus 'lake' (the stem lacustr- influenced by Latin palustris 'marshy') + -ine1.
More definitions of lacustrineDefinition of lacustrine in:
- The US English dictionary