verb (past participle laden /ˈleɪd(ə)n/)[with object] • archaic
- 1Put cargo on board (a ship).More example sentences
- Slyly, he let it be known that Elissa was working on his behalf and he put her in charge of lading the boats.
- 1.1Ship (goods) as cargo: the surplus products must be laden on board the vesselsMore example sentences
- Mahabir said he returned to India when the rice was shipped and brought back samples of what had been laded.
More definitions of ladeDefinition of lade in:
- The US English dictionary