- A herbaceous European plant of the rose family, with lobed rounded leaves and inconspicuous greenish flowers, and formerly valued in herbal medicine.
More example sentences
- Alchemilla vulgaris, family Rosaceae
- Other locally common tannin-rich plants include blackberry, raspberry, rose, lady's mantle, agrimony, meadowsweet, and strawberry (all members of the rose family), geraniums, purple loosestrife, and sumacs.
- Tom says lady's mantle and coral bells (Heuchera spp.) respond well to this treatment.
- The leaf surfaces of lady's mantle are covered with small hairs, in addition to a waxy coating.