- A tall, graceful fern of worldwide distribution which favours moist shady habitats.
More example sentences
- Athyrium and other genera, family Woodsiaceae: several species, in particular A. filix-femina
- On moist slopes above the terraces, northern maidenhair replaces the lady fern, and oceanspray populates the shrub layer.
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- There are mushrooms and nettles and lady fern fiddleheads.
More definitions of lady fernDefinition of lady fern in:
- The US English dictionary