noun (plural same or ladyfishes)
- 1.1A tenpounder.More example sentences
- Redfish, snook, cobia and ladyfish are the main targets at this time of the year and we also took a couple of plaice and ‘sea-trout’.
- And you can add exciting game species such as bluefish, ladyfish and jackfish.
- Trolling these sardines tight inshore also accounts for lizardfish, high leaping ladyfish, plus the occasional amberjack when over any rocky ground.
- 1.2A bonefish.More example sentences
- All three of us planned to fish the Gulf of Mexico for sea trout, ladyfish, Spanish mackerel and redfish.
- Two morphs of ladyfish exist in the western North Atlantic and adjacent waters: Elops saurus, a high-count morph (79-87 myomeres or vertebrae) in the north, and Elops sp., a low-count morph (73-78 myomeres or vertebrae) in the south.
- The best fish for this is called ladyfish (don't ask), not available here, so we go for snappers.
More definitions of ladyfishDefinition of ladyfish in:
- The US English dictionary