Definition of lagomorph in English:
A mammal of the order Lagomorpha, which comprises the hares, rabbits, and pikas.
- Like some other mammal taxa, but unlike rabbits and other lagomorphs, male rodents have a baculum (penis bone).
- This type of interaction occurs in horses, elephants, hyraxes, rodents, and lagomorphs (hares and rabbits) but is probably best exemplified in the termites.
- Rodents and lagomorphs are prime examples of breeders among mammals and have enormous incisors for their body size.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting lagomorphs.
- In the current study, fluoride measurements of 889 lagomorph long bones from 183 features were used to develop a relative chronology of features.
- Modem rodent and lagomorph skulls were mainly from the Condon Museum, University of Oregon.
- Species such as P. glandulosa or P. juliflora account for 10-56% of lagomorph diets.
Definition of lagomorph in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan