nounNorth American • informal
- 1A lake trout.More example sentences
- The native range of the lake trout (also known as lakers, tongue trout, mackinaw trout and mountain trout) includes the cold water regions of northern Canada, Alaska, the Great Lakes and parts of New England.
- 2A ship constructed for sailing on the Great Lakes.More example sentences
- Boaters get to know the lakers by name and recognize their silhouettes, even their whistle sounds.
More definitions of lakerDefinition of laker in:
- The US English dictionary