- A small blue-flowered herbaceous plant of dry soils, native to Europe and the Mediterranean and sometimes eaten in salads. Also called corn salad.
More example sentences
- Valerianella locusta, family Valerianaceae
- Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes, lemon wedges and a salad of lamb's lettuce simply dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Valerianella locusta, also known as lamb's lettuce, a common and hardy wild plant of Europe, W. Asia, and N. Africa, has been cultivated in Europe since at least the 16th century and is naturalized in N. America.
More definitions of lamb's lettuceDefinition of lamb's lettuce in:
- The US English dictionary