noun (plural laminectomies)
- A surgical operation to remove the back of one or more vertebrae, usually to give access to the spinal cord or to relieve pressure on nerves.More example sentences
- The project director identified patients undergoing laminectomies, craniotomies, and colectomies who could participate in the initiative.
- He proceeded to a decompression laminectomy, which resulted in gradual restoration of function.
- Two years earlier while living in another city, she underwent an anterior cervical laminectomy by a neurosurgeon.
More definitions of laminectomyDefinition of laminectomy in:
- The US English dictionary