- Inflammation of sensitive layers of tissue (laminae) inside the hoof in horses and other animals. It is particularly prevalent in ponies feeding on rich spring grass and can cause extreme lameness.More example sentences
- Horses and ponies treated for laminitis by a veterinary surgeon during this period will then be re-assessed eight weeks later.
- Keep donkeys off the sweet feed and grain, as they can founder and develop laminitis just as horses do.
- However, because overfeeding energy is one of the major causes of laminitis, extreme care needs to be taken to limit intake.
More definitions of laminitisDefinition of laminitis in:
- The US English dictionary