- A grant of public land, especially to an institution or to American Indians: [as modifier]: land grant collegesMore example sentences
- Likewise, the land grant colleges transformed America's education system and, as a result, transformed America in a genuinely middle-class nation.
- The 1994 land grant institutions' distance education resources and their programs were non-existent prior to project collaboration with Montana State University for program delivery.
- In this respect, none of the land grant institutions appears to have successfully emphasized lengthy in country experiences, despite a professed plethora of opportunities.
More definitions of land grantDefinition of land grant in:
- The US English dictionary