- 1An arrival at land on a sea or air journey: we planned a day with landfalls at Hrensko and Bad Schandau [mass noun]: he made landfall and fixed his positionMore example sentences
- In calm seas and glorious weather, the ship made landfall off the abandoned whaling station of Grytviken, and secured to the Admiralty buoy in Cumberland Bay.
- By the middle of the 19th century this hat reached universal acceptance, and the crown of the hat became considerably higher, with sailors decorating the crown with badges obtained from various landfalls.
- Said to be the original landfall of Christopher Columbus, it is graced with elegant Bermudian and colonial-style buildings.
More definitions of landfallDefinition of landfall in:
- The US English dictionary