Definition of landlord in English:
1A man (in legal use also a woman) who rents out land, a building, or accommodation.
- The goal is to educate tenants about the legal amount their landlord can up their rent.
- Some land was owned by landlords who rented to cultivators, some was in the hands of owner-operators.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
1.1A man who keeps lodgings, a boarding house, or (British ) a pub.
- He called for landlords, the drinks industry and hoteliers to work together to ease the passage of the Bill.
- It's a far cry from the message that went out last month when licensing officials urged landlords not to rush applications.
- Now the police are keen to extend the scheme to the whole of Craven and will write to landlords and licensees explaining how it works.
Words that rhyme with landlordwarlord • slumlord
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan