Definition of landlord in English:
1A man (in legal use also a woman) who rents out land, a building, or accommodation.
- The goal is to educate tenants about the legal amount their landlord can up their rent.
- Some land was owned by landlords who rented to cultivators, some was in the hands of owner-operators.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
1.1A man who keeps lodgings, a boarding house, or (British ) a pub.
- He called for landlords, the drinks industry and hoteliers to work together to ease the passage of the Bill.
- It's a far cry from the message that went out last month when licensing officials urged landlords not to rush applications.
- Now the police are keen to extend the scheme to the whole of Craven and will write to landlords and licensees explaining how it works.
Words that rhyme with landlordwarlord • slumlord
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.