- The system whereby land (or property) is owned by landlords to whom tenants pay a fixed rent: the abolition of landlordism absentee landlordismMore example sentences
- No Minister in any Irish Government was going to ride rough-shod over the aspirations and cherished values and traditions of people who had enough of landlordism and foreign dictatorship in the long history of this land.
- The landed magnates of Irish landlordism found themselves at the head of Ulster's Protestant democracy.
- Such views, however, stemmed more from Mitchel's hatred of capitalism and landlordism than from any coherent socialist ideology.
More definitions of landlordismDefinition of landlordism in:
- The US English dictionary