- 1A pig of a white lop-eared breed, originally developed in Denmark.More example sentences
- For these reasons, a high priority has long been set for breeding submergence-tolerant rice in the tropics utilizing the inherent variability in tolerance known to be present in the available landraces.
- 2A local cultivar or animal breed that has been improved by traditional agricultural methods.More example sentences
- Because of maternal inheritance of chloroplasts, we attempted, when possible, to use landraces and cultivars derived from selections to avoid loss of chloroplast information from hybridization events.
- In oat, BEER et al. found associations between markers and 13 quantitative traits in a set of 64 landraces and cultivars.
- The most recent history of durum wheat has been marked by modern genetic improvement, involving the replacement of landraces by inbred varieties and the introduction of dwarfing genes (second part of the 20th century).
1930s: from Danish.
More definitions of landraceDefinition of landrace in:
- The US English dictionary