noun (plural landsmen)
- A person unfamiliar with the sea or sailing: he dismissed the crossing with the usual landsman’s casualnessMore example sentences
- He glanced over at Cyril as he spoke, glad to see that the landsman was still standing straighter than usual.
- He was no seaman, yet those vessels looked too flimsy to his landsman's eye.
- On page 381 he writes of the French putting to sea with full crews; in fact, the crews consisted largely of untrained landsmen.
More definitions of landsmanDefinition of landsman in:
- The US English dictionary