- 1(Among Sikhs) a communal free kitchen: a regular langar has been started for all those who visit the templeMore example sentences
- He visited the langars (community kitchens) put up by voluntary groups and inquired about the eatables provided to the yatries.
- According to Sikh tradition, the Guru had converted the house of a dead Muslim into a masjid and set up a langar (common kitchen) for the poor.
- Mata Khivi was the wife of Guru Angad Dev and was in charge of the langar (community kitchen).
- 1.1A communal meal.More example sentences
- The kirtan was followed up by a langar - a communal meal provided by a local Sikh temple.
- The first initiative for relief came from local communities, mostly Hindus and from Gurudwaras who brought the first meal and organised langars.
- Shabad kirtans are sung and langar (community meals) hosted during the festival at the Gurdwara Sir Guru Singh Sabha at Perumanoor, Thevara.