- A spiny lobster, especially when prepared and cooked.More example sentences
- Sometimes referred to as rock lobster or langouste, it is generally found in warmer waters.
- Today we do not have live spiny lobsters (langouste) in great abundance.
- Over there, in the Caribbean, all langoustes are nationalised; they have to be sold to tourists for currency.
French, from Old Provençal lagosta, based on Latin locusta 'locust, crustacean'.
More definitions of langousteDefinition of langouste in:
- The US English dictionary