The field of computing that uses tools such as machine-readable dictionaries and sentence parsers in order to process natural languages for applications such as speech synthesis and machine translation.
- Questions of language engineering have generally been more vigorously considered in the US than in other English-speaking countries.
- Rhetorical's origins involved work carried out at Edinburgh University by Moens and Taylor on speech and language engineering.
- Our implementation of NegEx is created as a processing resource using the JAPE regular expression system within the GATE framework for language engineering.
language engineer noun
- Example sentences
- Are language engineers discovering analytical distinctions that philosophers have missed?
- Moens, a Belgian-born linguist and language engineer, came to Edinburgh in the 1980s after a spell as an advertising copywriter to do a PhD in computational linguistics.
- I'm a language engineer by trade and usually this means I'm working on compilers or tools for other languages I didn't have any part in designing.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: lan|guage en¦gin|eer|ing
Definition of language engineering in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.