- A fatty substance found naturally on sheep’s wool. It is extracted as a yellowish viscous mixture of esters and used as a base for ointments.More example sentences
- Moisturizers contain humectants, such as glycerin, methyl glucose esters, lanolin, or mineral oil, that replace oils in the skin and promote its effectiveness as a moisture barrier.
- Vitamin D3 from sheep's wool, lanolin, is acceptable as halal.
- The young émigré began by packaging and peddling lanolin - sheep oil - disguising the odor with extracts of lavender, pine bark, and water lilies.
late 19th century: coined in German from Latin lana 'wool' + oleum 'oil' + -in1.
More definitions of lanolinDefinition of lanolin in:
- The US English dictionary