- Any of the series of fifteen metallic elements from lanthanum to lutetium in the periodic table (atomic numbers 57-71). See also rare earth.More example sentences
- The lanthanides make up the elements between barium and hafnium in Row 6 of the periodic table.
- Elements in this group are also known as the lanthanides after the first element in that group, lanthanum.
- Other particles containing yttria and some lanthanides are phosphors that be processed to form light-emitting devices.
More definitions of lanthanideDefinition of lanthanide in:
- The US English dictionary