Definition of lap dance in English:
An erotic dance or striptease performed close to, or sitting on the lap of, a paying customer.
- My high school friend, who went by the stripper name of Chloe - though it was spelled wrong on the sign, as Clhoe - gave me a free lap dance, which was one of the least erotic experiences of my life.
- But like you, I've heard this report that a former stripper in Florida is claiming she came up with the idea and pitched it to Stan while giving him a lap dance in a local club about a year ago.
- A lap dance is still 20 bucks, even when the song is short
lap dancer noun
- Example sentences
- The shaven-headed vegan revealed he then snorted the entire bag himself and was forced to buy the lap dancer a $400 bottle of champagne after she became aggressive.
- But when a young lap dancer is found murdered - having suffered the most gruesome of injuries in the process - the book leaps into hardcore thriller mode.
- The reasons men pay for sex in this society - whether from a prostitute, a stripper or a lap dancer - are varied and complex.
lap dancing noun
- Example sentences
- With the effective decriminalization of lap dancing at the end of the '90s, the private dance trade enjoyed a price hike as men shelled out ten or even twenty dollars per song for the privilege of touching and being touched.
- It annoys me when people say that the next step from lap dancing is prostitution - they just have not got a clue what it is about.
- Vigorous lobbying, a few rallies and marches downtown, and oodles of local and even international publicity forced partial reversal of last summer's near-total ban on lap dancing.
Definition of lap dance in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan