Definition of lapdog in English:
1A small pampered pet dog.
- It was at the Berteliére that I observed lapdogs at every table and decided to take Gregory into the dining room - telling him he was far too big to sit on my lap and would have to make himself as inconspicuous as possible.
- Fluffy white lapdogs, of the sort seen in the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries, seem to have been the most popular.
- Hey, Britney… what are you going to call your little lapdog?
1.1A person or organization which is influenced or controlled by another: the government and its media lapdogs
More example sentences
- I guess he wouldn't be able to work anywhere else, unless the media outlet needs a lapdog.
- But correcting those mistakes would require a far more sweeping re-examination of America's involvement in the Middle East than our foreign policy elites and their media lapdogs will ever permit.
- I was precise; she and most of her media lapdogs were not.
Words that rhyme with lapdoghangdog • seadog • sheepdog
Definition of lapdog in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.