Definition of lapdog in English:
1A small pampered pet dog.
- It was at the Berteliére that I observed lapdogs at every table and decided to take Gregory into the dining room - telling him he was far too big to sit on my lap and would have to make himself as inconspicuous as possible.
- Fluffy white lapdogs, of the sort seen in the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries, seem to have been the most popular.
- Hey, Britney… what are you going to call your little lapdog?
1.1A person or organization which is influenced or controlled by another: the government and its media lapdogs
More example sentences
- I guess he wouldn't be able to work anywhere else, unless the media outlet needs a lapdog.
- But correcting those mistakes would require a far more sweeping re-examination of America's involvement in the Middle East than our foreign policy elites and their media lapdogs will ever permit.
- I was precise; she and most of her media lapdogs were not.
Definition of lapdog in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India