- 1A small pampered pet dog.More example sentences
- It was at the Berteliére that I observed lapdogs at every table and decided to take Gregory into the dining room - telling him he was far too big to sit on my lap and would have to make himself as inconspicuous as possible.
- Fluffy white lapdogs, of the sort seen in the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries, seem to have been the most popular.
- Hey, Britney… what are you going to call your little lapdog?
- 1.1A person or organization which is influenced or controlled by another: the government and its media lapdogsMore example sentences
- I guess he wouldn't be able to work anywhere else, unless the media outlet needs a lapdog.
- But correcting those mistakes would require a far more sweeping re-examination of America's involvement in the Middle East than our foreign policy elites and their media lapdogs will ever permit.
- I was precise; she and most of her media lapdogs were not.
More definitions of lapdogDefinition of lapdog in:
- The US English dictionary